The faculty of Economic and Management Science is one of the pillar programs of Kismayo...
Faculty of Education was among the pioneer faculties of Kismayo University...
The history of the faculty of Sharia is important and necessary for all the...
BACHELOR OF SCIENCE IN NURSING Nursing profession occupies an important place in...
IRCOD offers following Programmes: Diploma in...
Faculty of Computer Studies consisits of two departments: Departmnet of Computer...
BACHELOR OF SCIENCE IN NURSING
Nursing profession occupies an important place in the health planning of any nation. It contributes immensely in the delivery of qualitative health services as well as in achieving the general health objectives of the society which necessarily focuses on health security. Going by the need of creating more university trained and qualified nurses in contrast to the small number of the educational institutions embarking on the job; the Kismayo University intends to get actively involved in producing more qualified manpower in the field of nursing profession in Somalia and Horn of Africa at large. This translates into establishing the Nursing Programme with the Faculty of Health sciences was planned in 2009. The programme was upgraded to separate Department of Nursing Sciences in September 2010. The faculty awards bachelor degree sciences in nursing
Program Specific Objectives
Following the completion of the program of learning the student will be able to:
1. Provide safe, evidenced-based, caring interventions to clients/families during states of health and health deviation to promote self-care.
2. Collect and interpret a comprehensive, holistic database in order to individualize care of clients/families throughout the lifespan.
3. Utilize effective communication skills to interact with clients/families and other members of the health care team.
4. Provide health education for clients/families with the goal of optimal self-care.
5. Demonstrate clinical reasoning and decision-making skills that reflect critical thinking and the current state of nursing science.
6. Utilize organizational, community and technological resources to manage and delegate care of clients that is cost-effective and reflects continuity of care.
7. Demonstrate commitment to the practice of nursing through the professional behaviors reflected in the nurses Code of Ethics.
8. Collaborate with members of the health care team, including client and family, with recognition of roles and responsibilities within the levels of an academic career ladder.
9. Utilize the leadership and management skills learned during the course in identifying best strategies for improving their own skills in personnel and patient management
a. Department of General Nursing
b. Department of Medicine and Surgery
d. Department of Public Health