The faculty of Economic and Management Science is one of the pillar programs of Kismayo...
Faculty of Education was among the pioneer faculties of Kismayo University...
The history of the faculty of Sharia is important and necessary for all the...
BACHELOR OF SCIENCE IN NURSING Nursing profession occupies an important place in...
IRCOD offers following Programmes: Diploma in...
Faculty of Computer Studies consisits of two departments: Departmnet of Computer...
AFRICA PRIVET UNIVERSITIES MEETING IN KHORTOUM
A conference for the Privet Africa Universities was held in Khartoum, the capital of Sudan that has lasted 6-11 Jan, 2015. The meeting has being opened by the Deputy President of Sudan. During the meeting it has been focused on the following points:
a. The creation of an environment that allows an exchange of experiences in between African Privet Universities.
b. Improving the African universities in the areas of administration, education context, and pedagogy and community services.
c. T. Increasing quality in education and training how to improve the quality of education.
d. W. Work on investment for universities to promote self-sufficiency for universities and extension of the services that the universities are offering to the nations.
These points were the output of the meeting
1. Agreed to establish an umbrella consortium of African Privet Universities.
2. The appointment of a committee made up of universities and the bodies involved in the meeting working on the internal regulations involving African universities under the umbrella. 3. it has been welcomed to the center is home to Sudan. Five universities in Somalia have been invited to attend in the meeting including:
• Kismayo University was represented by the President of the Assembly of the founders, Dr. Mohamed Abdi Adam.
• Islamic University in Mogadishu was represented by Sheikh Mohamoud Sheikh Ahmed Hassan (Abu-Sheyba)
• SIMAD University was represented by both Dr Mohamed Ibrahim and Fatima Abubakar Ahmed.
• Benadir University was represented by Vice President Prof. Abdirahman Hassan Omar.
• East Africa University, which was represented by Dr. Adam Sheikh Doon.
Finally, the notion for convene this meeting was a unique initiative that higher education revolution which begun engaged in their work for decades in most African countries and perhaps some a centuries was in a dire need to it. Exchanges of experiences, information sharing and joint research work are the primary responsibilities waiting the consortium to fulfill. Kismayo University will look and expect this meeting to be fruitful.